Monday, December 20, 2010

Don't get me wrong, I love the rain...


Rainy Summer Afternoon, originally uploaded by emberangel.




Don't get me wrong, I love the rain..but this is just too much. It seems like bad news always comes in threes. It has been raining for four days without a break. And because of the weather conditions and the way people drive, my friend was involved in a serious accident. She isn't seriously injured, but she shattered her wrist, so the next few months will be difficult for her. The whole experience has made me nervous of the rain. I love it when I am home in the rain, relaxing.. but other than that, I wish it would stop. According to the weather forecast, the rain won't stop till Wednesday. This is more rain than southern California is used to.
That was the second piece of bad news I've received recently (the accident, not the rain). The first piece is that my grandmother fell, broke her back, and has to live in a rehab center until she can live on her own again. Then this morning, we got a phone call saying that she is back in the hospital because she has pneumonia and has been having serious difficulties breathing.
I keep expecting to hear worse news, but I guess I've had my quota of three bad things. I think now comes some good, like Christmas and presents and a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment