Friday, October 22, 2010

Who am I?


I am more than just a name on a resume, a voice on the phone. I breathe. I live. I write. I create. I am a writer and a photographer who loves to my creativity in simple and honest ways. In speaking, in life, and in writing I like to get to the point. Cut to the core of an issue.
I like to be challenged in new and exciting ways to prove to myself, and others, that I can do anything that I set my mind to. I have never felt extremely talented in one particular field, instead my talent is that I have ability in many different fields. I haven't found too many fields that I am "bad" at.
I worked my entire college career. Since November 2006, I have worked as a receptionist at a local dentist office. While there I learned several valuable skills. When I first started, I wouldn't have called myself a people person, but now I can work with patients with ease. Throughout my years there I have learned to do so many tasks and my only hope is that I have made others jobs easier and more enjoyable.
I also started working for a small internet gaming and website company. I have already been there for over a year, and I can say with complete confidence that I have learned so many new things, and yet there is so much left for me to learn. It is the perfect environment for me because I love to learn. I began with a clean slate. I had no idea how to create a website, add content, or what you did after that. Now I know the value of SEO and social marketing and even what it means-- as well as how to edit and add content to a website. In addition, I have learned how to add text components to RPG games and even how to build simple games in adobe flash. This job has taught me so much and I am so grateful that I was given the opportunity to learn.
But I am so much more than the jobs I have.
I am 22 and about to graduate from college. At which point I will have to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life. I can answer with absolute certainty that I have NO IDEA what I want to do after college. My hope is that this blog will help me find out more about myself (and let others learn about me). I also hope that it will help me to become a better writer and help be figure out what I want to do with my life. All I know is that I don't want to be sitting in the parking lot as everyone passes me in the fast lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment