Wednesday, November 17, 2010

College Fees are sky high

Last week, the CSU board of trustees committee on finance approved a two-step tuition increase that will total 15%! Student fees will be 242% higher than they were in 2002. 242% is a pretty big number. In the four years that I have been in school tuition has doubled. I know that the schools have suffered cuts to funding from the state, but the students are suffering as well. There are a lot of students who work full time and they still go to school full time. When you average in all the time in class and doing homework, that is like working two full time jobs. And yet this hard working students are struggling to make ends meet. The fee increases have put an enormous strain on them. And they are the future. It seems like we have to give up so much just to get an education. I'm just glad that I am almost done with school so that I don't have to deal with another fee increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment